The link leads you to a comment page supporting this planning application .
Some positive points for having a car park at Armathwaite.
1. Safe off road parking for canoe clubs and small groups who are running the river Eden - from Lazonby to Armathwaite or Armathwaite down stream.
2. Prevents congestion on Village roadside with cars
3. Prevents the Armathwaite bridge being cluttered with vehicles and causing an emergency vehicle to be delayed in crossing the bridge in an emergency.
4. Often vehicles - cars and vans - are parked for much of the day on the roadside and can now be parked sensibly in a car park - reducing roadside cluttering.
5. The car park is ideally situated for watersport users to access and egress the river Eden, directly into a car park and not along the footpath onto the bridge, then a pavement or road side to access their parked vehicles.
6. It just makes sense to provide for the welcomed visitors of Armathwaite.
7. Cumbria Canoeists is in partnership with Eden Rivers Trust to create an access/egress point, just below Armathwaite bridge, which will link directly into the car park from the river bank.
The link leads you to a comment page supporting this planning application.
Please have your say and share the link above!
Pictures from some of our adventures